Re: [Fwd: is kde enough free?]

> I suspect that the existance of the Troll Tech license is what keeps them
> from declaring support for any replacement (free or otherwise) to Qt. The
> fact that they say that they would use a replacement is more encouraging
> than silence given that more encouraging statements may not be possible
> within their contractual agreements.

it's far easier : they don't think that anything is wrong with qt at
all. ok, they know that it's not a gpl, but they think TT has done
something goot to them.

that's normal : the licence looks good, and they only got flames, not
explanations, what is wrong with the licence. those few who tried to
explain (like me) had no striking arguments : my theoretical arguments
(maybe someday ...) do not compete well against praktis (there is no
problem with TT, they have a good cooperation, and there are no signs,
that this will ever change).

> We should view the KDE developers as several of the victims in this
> situation, rather than grouping them with the perp's.

i agree.

andreas