Re: giving money to gnome

beh@icemark.ch (Benedikt Eric Heinen)  wrote on 20.11.97 in <Pine.LNX.3.96.971120093211.996B-100000@fenun.icemark.ch>:

> Imagine - if we give the money to GNOME - don't you think, that jfl might
> deicde not to give money to us next time or even replace Debian, since
> Debian is so obviously fighting KDE? If the KDE people start gnawing on

No, I don't think that. In fact, I would be surprised by a reaction like
you describe.

Unfortunately, as I'm not really a JFL customer (I tried to buy the X/Open
Unix spec from them, but they convinced me that it'd be faster to buy from
directly from X/Open [who listed JFL as one of their primary resellers]),
so I can't react by putting my business elsewhere in the unlikely event
that happens :-)

> the ears of JFL people, I am not sure what will happen. I don't think,

The KDE people get unpopular at JFL, because the JFL people don't like
their ears getting gnawed on?

> In this case, Debian wouldn't even get any more money - just because we
> can't behave somewhat ethically.

This sentence is highly offensive. I do feel insulted by it. Also, it's
completely untrue.

MfG Kai