Re: "purity" package

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> We have a policy against adult material on our servers at Fuller. Other
> schools might have done the same. Adult material might cause a lot of
> trouble especially in the United States (where in turn they see no
> problem in having the worst violence day in day out on TV...) . I might be
> forced to pull the mirror off the net if someone complains about adult
> material. I think we should have some common sense rules about
> particularly offensive material.

I agree, but given the number of different cultures/religions met in the
Debian project it's virtually impossible to define what's offensive, and
what isn't. We already have enough problems with the 'non-us' stuff by
now. Let's not make the situation even more complicated (and US-centric).

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -