Re: "purity" package

Tim Sailer wrote:
> I agree with Bruce. Deviant behaviour is just that, and not
> accepting it is not a hangup or a taboo. Sick is sick, no matter
> how you slice it, and what culture you are from.

But distributing the purity package (original version) is not
"accepting" it.  The package contains a list of questions.  It does
not condone, encourage, or glorify.  It just asks questions.
Presumably, people will answer "no" and move on to the next question.
(If they don't, edge away from them carefully.)

Compare that with Quake, which glorifies blasting people to bits with
a nailgun.

I'm not the first to make this point about quake, and I have seen
people reply "but quake is fun!".  Yep, it's popular, and I enjoyed
playing it myself.  But the purity question lists are popular too, and
many people enjoy answering them and finding their "score".  I would
probably do it myself if I had the patience for 400 questions.

Richard Braakman