Re: Project leader's final word on the "purity" issue

> The New York Times does not choose to have a nude centerfold. This is not
> censorship, but editorial judgement. I am exercising a similar judgement
> in this case. I will defend anyone's right to distribute the same data
> from their own site.

What the heck is that supposed to mean? The NY Times is NOT a free thing.
The NY Times has a BOSS who can do and not do whatever he likes. That's
what he has been put in charge for, by the proprietors of the paper.

Debian is FREE. *You* are always stating that it is free and "in the
public interest", so how come, that *you* decide what's good for the
public and not good for the public?

PUT UP A VOTE ON THAT...

> I do not plan to remove any bibles, fortunes, violent games, or the sex.6 man
> page from emacs. This is an exercise of editorial judgement.

But exactly the bible is extremely embarrassing... All the violence in
there... :(

> Someone has to make decisions for the project when the situation is
> ambiguous and there is no consensus. I am that person. You are welcome
> to vote for the other candidate in tomorrow's project leader election
> if you don't like my judgement. He's been silent on this issue, so I
> have no idea if he feels the way I do or not.

Well, at first - we should vote for him, just to see, whether he'll be
more democratic or not. I don't think he'd be less democratic than you.

  Benedikt

Windows 95: n.
    32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
    operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,  written
         by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.