In the years 2007-2010 Amazon brought quite a few former Microsoft executives into its management. It also became zealous about software patenting and it began paying Microsoft for alleged patent issues in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE, Kindle (embedded Linux), etc. Here are some posts on the subject, starting with older ones.
- Patents Roundup: Amazon Enters Patents Hall of Shame Again; Apple Sued
- Patents Roundup: TiVo, Amazon and Community Patent
- Microsoft Mole Watch: Yahoo, Amazon, Costco
- Amazon’s Linux-powered and DRM-laden Gadget Sued for Patent Infringement
- Please Sign Petition to Protest Amazon’s Remote Deletion of 1984 and Animal Farm
- Patents Roundup: Amazon, Centrify, Microsoft, TecSec, and Bilski
- Boycott Amazon
- Microsoft’s Deal With Amazon is Extortion and Should Get Reported
- When Microsoft Racketeering Meets Apathy
- Amazon and Dell: Friends or Foes of GNU/Linux?
- Amazon Discriminates Against GNU/Linux And Enables Microsoft Racketeering
- Amazon Pushes Ridiculous Software Patents Into Europe
- Citrix and Amazon Climb on Microsoft’s Bed
- Amazon EC2 Has Just Become Even More Infected With Microsoft ‘Patent Tax’ on Linux (Ballnux Added)
- Paul Allen’s Patent Troll Obviously Did Not Sue Microsoft, But Why Did Amazon Get a Free Pass?
- Amazon is Shielding a Monopoly by Subverting Laws
- Canada’s Monopoly Enforcement Exported by Hollywood and Amazon
- Software Patents Spread Like a Plague Owing to US-based Multinationals
- Amazon Regrets Software Patenting
- Amazon Absorbs More Microsoft Managers
- Amazon Attacks Linux, Android Exposed to FUD and Spying by Microsoft