Re: Recent dselect experience

Hi,

	dselect has this irritating habit of throwing me into the
 conflict resolution screen, and I'm not sure how to persuade it not
 to do so. The problem is, that I do have to keep a version of libc4
 around till all aot binaries are gone, but I do not want to keep a
 development environment around (Unlike some people, I do not have
 disk space to spare). This is what comes up:

HIOS Pri Section  Package   Description
h*** Std devel libc4        The Linux C library (a.out version 4).
h -* Xtr devel aout-binutil The GNU assembler and binary utilities (a.out ver
h -* Xtr devel aout-gcc     The GNU C compiler (a.out compatibility version).

libc4 recommends aout-binutils
libc4 recommends aout-gcc
libc4 suggests glibcdoc

	So you see, it selects aout-binutils and aout-gcc, despite
 anything I tell it. This is not a major problem, but irritating
 nevertheless.

	Am I missing something?

		manoj

--
I find you lack of faith in the forth dithturbing.  -- Darse ("Darth")
Vader %%