Re: Who didn't respect privacy?

bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) writes:

> From: Siggy Brentrup <bsb@debian.org>
> > Subject: Who didn't respect privacy?
>
> I just went back and read the subject of your posting. Did you think
> that someone made an unauthorized forwarding of material from
> debian-private, or did you expect me to _only_ send that message to
> debian-private? It went to debian-announce as well as news.

Well after being out of town from Tuesday in the evening I was extremely upset
when finding Yet Another Flame War on debian-private after returning. I don't
feel like taking part in it.

Nevertheless I think you should have omitted the part on maintainers leaving the
project "in a huff" (had to look that up in a dictionary) in your article in
debian-announce and c.o.l.misc.

Since last week I happen to live in the same town as Joey, so we met last night
drinking a cup of tea and talking about Debian. Much of this mess seems to come
from inevitable cultural differences - the infamous FreeOS logo (which I disgust
as well) being a reason why both of us are not very happy with relying on
novare.net (is it only me thinking of nowhere?).for a backup server.

It's been the second long night in a row for me and before continuing I'd better
get some sleep. I'd like to calm down the situation, perhaps in private email to
you Bruce. Just be assured that all parties involved want Debian to continue to
be devoted to the idea of free software.

Good night, sleep tight and don't let the bad bugs bite...
  Siggy

--
Siggy Brentrup <bsb@debian.org> aka: bsb@north.de
*** PGP public key available from keyservers ***