Re: Debian + KDE disk

On Tue 28 Oct 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:
> So here I am doing my best to obsolete their project and you expect me
> to say "go ahead, include Debian on the KDE CD, we love it"?

you can change something if you do it yourself, or work together with
others to change it. i don't have the time to create my own desktop
environment, but i work with the kde people, and with kooperation, thwy
might listen somedays to my emails about the flaws of qt. i still hope,
that the kde team will handle the qt problem.

by the way bruce :
where can i find a technical paper about the drawbacks of useing qt ?
not one of these "holy war" flames. if troll would change their policy
(lets say : in the direction of a dual licence gpl and kommercial),
what exactly would they have to change ? i heard rumors, that they will
change some things, and that would be a solution ?

i don't know what rms thinks of this, but is it ok with fsf philosophy,
if you create a library, that is dual licenced : one gpl licence and
one commercial licence ? everyone would be fine with that, i think.

i don't think, that troll will go so far, but heard rumors, and hope
that they could go in that direction. someone should make a list of the
real problems of the qt licence, without the "holy war" aspect.

back to the main question :
in my humble opinion, you have a better chance to change things thru
cooperation, than thru competition and/or war.

andreas