Re: giving money to gnome

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> be friendly and write something constructive.

We're not un-supporting KDE; we're supporting Gnome.  As far as I know
we've done nothing to hinder KDE's work, have we?  As our project
advances, they should be able to gain from its benefits.

As for funding a competitor, our Contract is publicly available.  KDE
has known why we can't put them in main.  It speeks highly of our
project that we were selected by them.  However, with thier access to
the Contract would indicate that they should have known we could never
fully embrace their project unless their library changed.  Have their
been any offers to change from KDE?  Have we made a request or inquiry?

I would agree however, that the tone seems a bit negative.  Then again,
I've not had to deal with KDE.  Have they made a statement on which
direction they would head if given the chance?  The last I heard, they
were quite happy with qt and that seemed to preclude the freeqt or
gtk-qt projects.

 -- Greg.
--
What do you want to spend today?
Debian GNU/Linux  (Free for an UNLIMITED time)