Re: giving money to gnome

> --- cut ---
>  JF Lehmann is a bookshop who made a *KDE* CD and as a "sort of" bonus to
>  the buyer, they also put a full Debian distribution on there. But still,
>  primarily it is a KDE CD; I got confirmation, that KDE is on that CD in
>  all tar.gz, rpm and deb formats, so the KDE part is not Debian specific!
>
>  JF Lehmann decided, that they're going to give some money from each sold
>  CD to KDE and to Debian (DM2.50 each per CD). JFL is not affiliated with
>  either Debian or KDE.

As far as I can tell, JFL is marketing this CD as a 'Debian + KDE' CD... the
emphasis is on Debian, not on KDE. It's an update to the Debian 1.3.1 CD they
sold over the summer. http://www2.Germany.EU.net/shop/JFL/linux/debian.html
contains some blurb (in German-- but even if you can't read German, you can
see 'Debian' in the headline and that 'KDE' first appears as colored bold
text on the 2nd line).

But then at http://www2.Germany.EU.net/shop/JFL/linux/KDE5.html they have
another blurb where they talk about a 'new KDE CD-ROM with a complete debian
GNU/Linux'. So maybe they aren't sure themselves whether this is a KDE CD with
debian thrown in, or a debian update with KDE thrown in. But I see a lot more
references to Debian on their Linux web pages than to KDE.

So I'm pretty sure this is primarily a Debian CD, not a KDE CD. We'll know for
sure when it goes on sale next week and can see the cover.

Scott Hanson
--
Scott Hanson  <shanson@shcon.com> <shanson@debian.org>
Johmsweg 9a, D-21266 Jesteburg, Germany    PGP Key ID: 90A8A14D