Re: Debian GNU/Linux Logo chosen

> I admit that I could have spent more time educating them,
> if I had the time.

If you're so short of time, then I wonder, why you didn't get your job
split up. Make someone else hold the logo election and give him clear
guidelines on what the logo must look like, and what it mustn't look like,
and give him an end date for the election.

> A "monday morning quarterback" is one who watches the game and criticizes
> it afterward. The implication was that you were not participating, but
> had lots of criticism.

Two short comments on that:

  - you admitted yourself, that debian-publicity is not announced on the
    web and I only heard about this list AFTER the decision was made.

  - I did take part, I *VOTED*. I just didn't imagine, that seemingly most
    of these logos on the vote page are generally unacceptable.

I hope you find these comments acceptable for my position.

> When I last inquired, you weren't maintaining a package.

Right, when we had our little phone chat last week, I did let you know,
that I gave away my last package to someone else who got the time caring
for it in this transition phase to hamm.

> I hope you are finding more work to do for Debian now.

Not before early/mid January. The reason why I relinquished being a
package maintainer was my current workload in my
real-life-earn-me-some-money position. We have two projects to finish by
Dec 31, and that is blooody close now. I am currently mainly using my
breaks to follow these discussions in debian-private.

I will take over some packages that are available, so I'll do support for
them and leave the initial creator of the package some more room to either
create new packages or generally ease his workload with the packages on
hand. But that will not be before those two projects at work are finished.

If this makes me unacceptable for you or anyone else in this discussion,
let me know and disconnect me from the developer mailing-lists until I
pick up some new package(s) in January.

  Benedikt

Windows 95: n.
    32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
    operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,  written
         by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.