Re: deity source

> > That's just the point---you *can't* join the diety team.  You can't
> > read the mailing list.  You can't see the code.  Try.

No, you can't join the team and yes, this is intentional.  We've already
had a couple people who made commitments back out of the project.  If it
was full open, then we'd have 10 times that number.  Sure, there might
be more people actively working, but the disruption of people coming in
for a few weeks and then losing interest would be horrendous.

> That's my main complaint too.  Outside development is fine with me,
> but closed development is obnoxious.  Bazaar, not cathedral.  Brian
> has already agreed to install the new cvs which allows ro access, so
> interested people can look at the source any time they want.

To be fair, I've wanted read-only source access from the beginning.  I'm
sure if you go back through the debian-user list you'll find a post by
me asking how to do this.

> I'll subscribe the archive address to the deity mailing list.  If
> somebody has old archives of this list, please contact me privately,
> and I'll get them up.

I've asked Peter to enable digesting of the deity list.  This should give
people who want to read it access to all the information without opening
the list to undue noise.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )