Of all the “condensed” resolutions from ECMA, approximately 82% were not discussed at all, including counter proposals for these same issues. That leaves about 18% that were either discussed and voted on or else voted on early in batch. (I’m fine with batch votes for minor typographical fixes.)
What an utter and predictable embarrassment.
Red Hat, which is affected a great deal by what’s at stake, has responded as well.
The first pitch was thrown in Geneva last week at the ISO ballot resolution meetings on OOXML. And we can safely say: strike one! There was no renouncement of the OOXML standard by Microsoft. Instead, every indication was business as usual.
I, for one, would welcome some sunshine on the process and urge that ISO make the reported audio recordings of the Geneva meetings publicly available.
Back in the trash can
where it belongs