- Touchpanel PC boots Linux in two seconds
Technologic Systems is readying a rugged WVGA touchpanel PC based on a fast-booting ARM9-based single board computer (SBC). The TS-TPC-7390 Touch Panel Computer incorporates the Debian Linux-based TS-7390 SBC, which is equipped with a 200MHz ARM9 CPU from Cirrus and a Lattice FPGA (field-programmable gate array).
- Siemens Develops PC-based Profinet IO Software Controller for Linux Systems
With the “Softnet PN-IO Linux” software controller from Siemens, it is possible to set up open control solutions on standard PC hardware.
- An Impressive Week with Ubuntu
- gNewSense distro frees Ubuntu
So why would someone want to install a less robust Ubuntu clone that most likely won’t work with some widely used hardware? To be perfectly honest, most users won’t want to use gNewSense on a daily basis, if at all. Yet, there are some benefits for developers. Putting the ideological benefits of free software aside (though they can be quite persuasive), gNewSense is the perfect distribution for developers to use to test their hardware for free software compatibility.
- This is release 1.0-rc3 of Wine, a free implementation of Windows on Unix.
- LGP Readies Sacred Gold Beta
Sacred is an action role-playing game originally released on the Windows platform in 2004 with Sacred Gold, which is made up of Sacred, the Sacred Plus expansion, and the Sacred Underworld expansion, in 2005.
- CentOS 5.2
So when can we expect CentOS 5.2 then, well using the same 3,5 weeks we end up with a date of around June 14th 2008. This is of course a estimate it can be later or earlier.
- Could the EEE 900 be the School Computer of the Future?
Despite my own reservations about the eee 900, since I started loaning it out to teachers last week it’s gotten nothing but positive results.
- Dell’s Ubuntu 8.04 Plans
- Ubuntu desktop (LTS) 8.04
- SaxenOS goes PCLinuxOS
SaxenOS from Germany once based on Slackware and Zenwalk-based distribution with the Xfce desktop and designed for older, low-specification computers adopts PCLinuxOS as its base and Xfce desktop
- GIMP 2.4.6 Released
GIMP 2.4.6 is a bug-fix release in the stable 2.4 series. No new features are being added here, just bug-fixes.
- Killing With Kindness
- Do Open Source Robots Dream of Electric Sheep?
- Adobe CTO on the Great Shift From OS-Specific Apps to Web Apps
- Google brews mashier OpenSocial language
- Apple store detains teens for installing iPhone game
- Adobe Users Claim File Corruption After 10.5.3 Update
- U.S. won’t confirm report of Chinese hacking
- Top tech security risks and cash-sappers
- Web 2.0 Sites a Thriving Marketplace for Malware