voting system

It has been brought up before that we need a system for voting
on issues. I'm still bogged down with the changes to the web pages,
but this is important enough that I will put some time into it.
If anyone knows of a program for this, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

At the risk of getting drawn into the crap that has been going on
the last 14 hours (yes I do feel it is foolish and a waste of time)
I'd just like to say that this is not the way to a democracy.
Voting is just a tool for deciding certain things fairly (like
elections) and getting feedback on peoples feelings about issues.
When relied on too heavily in an organization such as ours, it
simply turns into a means of shutting up the minority.
Most issues should be decided as in the past - by consensus.

In short, this is a necessary tool, but don't consider it a cure-all
for our problems.

Just to make sure no one distorts this into me taking sides,
(don't ask me how, but if there is a will there is a way) I
do believe that Bruce's opponents (for lack of a better term)
have some valid points, but are being irrational in the intensity
of their attacks on Bruce. On the other side, Bruce could
avoid many of these attacks by not announcing things as
a fait accompli. While I believe Bruce is acting in Debian's
best interest and has thought things through, sometimes through
his actions he is missing the appearance of fairness.

- Sue