Re: Deity project schedule problems

> > No.  You do not have the authority.
>
> Yeah right, Mr. V.P. Any more insubordination and I'll relieve you of
> that position.

If you can't keep my role as VP seperate from my role as Deity manager
seperate, then you might as well do that.

You're not the kind of person I want to work for anyway.  The only reason
I'm doing the VP role anyway is because I want to help the project.  There
have been numerous times your interference and indecision have almost made
me quit.  If it weren't for a friends words ("I know it's hard, but the
_project_ is worth it"), I would have quit long ago.

> > So now Debian is refusing free software?  Hardly the open system you are
> > claiming it to be.
>
> No, you are welcome to make it a Debian package.
>
> > Make up your mind, Bruce.  Is Debian a free and open system or are you now
> > dictating what free software can and cannot go into the main distribution?
>
> You are welcome to put a Deity in the Debian distribution. However, Debian
> will not make it the primary package tool unless we have control over it.

Gee, Bruce.  I thought when it came to free software, you were allowed to
do almost anything you want with it.  That would mean you could take the
released version and start your own stream of it, managing it as you wish.

Thus, by the very definition of free software you claim to uphold so much
you have control over it.

So, do you want control over the final tool or control over the original
development of it?

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )