We have already seen street protests in a few places including Norway (photo above; here is a video and the full story). The BSI (UK) came under legal fire as well. The European Commission is dealing with several investigations as complaints continue to come (more recently from BECTA, whose formal complaint was added to the pile).
As we emphasised before, over two weeks remain until finalisation and now comes Denmark with a complaint that’s very revealing.
The city of Aarhus has posted an official complaint to Danish Standards regarding the result of the Danish YES-vote.
The complaint is regarding the fact that *all* non-profit votes in Denmark asked for a NO. Only commercial pro-Microsoft participants voted YES.
The original article is in Danish, but it will probably reach the English-speaking press fairly soon.
Denmark’s clear division among voters (only Microsoft’s friends voting “yes”, just like in India) is not news, but the complaint is definitely new. Also mind the following serial denial [1, 2], which is utterly disgusting. To quote one who is familiar with the matter in Denmark specifically:
“37 letters with exactly the same words. Some of the senders didn’t even care to remove the ‘Type company name here’ text.
Simular letters has been circulating in Denmark as an e-mail from the Danish MD Jørgen Bardenfleth to customers and business partners.
I call it fraud, cheating and disgusting. If I wasn’t anti-Microsoft before, I am now. Disgusting !”
More information about the fiasco in Denmark you’ll easily find if you search this Web site. Previous posts that partly cover OOXML in Denmark include:
- The Microsoft OOXML ‘Corruption Train’ Reaches Denmark (Updatedx2)
- OpenDocument Takes One Giant Leap, One Step Backwards
- OOXML Watch: Sweden’s OOXML Fiasco Representative of the Norm?
- Today is the Day — The Day the World Will Learn That Crime Pays
- OOXML in Norway, Denmark, and Poland… Looking More Closely at the Stories (Updated)
- ODF and OOXML in Denmark
- Quick Mention: Summary of Microsoft OOXML Manipulation and Ballot-stuffing
- How Microsoft ‘Bought’ Nicolas Sarkozy, France, and Parts of Europe
- Software Patents and Colombia
- Microsoft Stacks the Danish Panel Too
- More About OOXML in Denmark, Jesper Stocholm
- OOXML-style Stacking Against the Web, Denmark OOXML Complaint Filed (Updated)
Not even a thousand template-based carbon-copied denials can write history guiltlessly. █