Bing Reality Log
Bing search -- much like MSN and Live -- relied on PR, especially upon arrival. News sites were even sponsored to promote it (market budget estimated at $100 million) and the engine was tweaked such that it discriminates against Microsoft's competition.
Bing failed to gain traction and here is chronological, incomplete coverage of the subject.
- Name it “Bing” or “Kumo” or “Live” or “MSN”, But it is Dead on Arrival
- New Speculations About Microsoft Buying Citrix or Grabbing Yahoo! Search
- With Vista 7 Already Disappointing, Is There a Future for Microsoft?
- Bingeing with Microsoft and Ruining the Environment
- Yahoo! and Microsoft Still Search for a Future!
- Reader’s Article: Bing Against Google
- Is This Bing or is it Bong?
- Microsoft’s Search Engine Already Banned by Websense and by China
- “Decisions Engine” Means Microsoft Decides What You Should Think
- Does Microsoft Break the Law in Search of a Future?
- From Live Search to Dead Search (aka “Bing”)
- Microsoft Pays Company Which Recommends Bing Over Google
- Search Engine News: Google Is Not…
- Bing Fails, So Microsoft Proceeds to Anti-competitive Practices
- $100,000,000 in Marketing (Imposed Ignorance) Bought Microsoft Nothing in Search
- Microsoft Web Search and Web Browser Shunned
- If Google Renamed, It Would Gain Another 80% Market Share
- Microsoft Search and Other Rogue Web Sites
- Microsoft-Yahoo! Deal Not a Done Deal, But Microsoft Proceeds to Other Deals as Search Ambitions Fail
- Microsoft’s Bing Spams Web Sites with Referrer SPAM and Net Applications Lies Again
- Microsoft’s Google Chase Gets Harder
- Microsoft Search Dives 28%. Time to Call it Quits?
- Latest Dead Products, Delays, and Descends at Microsoft
- No Point to Microsoft’s New Datacentres, Microsoft-dominated VMware Comes to Redmond’s Back Garden
- Search is Still Slipping Through Microsoft’s Fingers
- Microsoft’s Use of Bribes for Search, Only 4% of Microsoft/Razorfish Clients Used Microsoft Search
- Google’s (Staff) Index Poisoned by Microsoft
- Why Microsoft’s Murdoch Tactic is Similar to SCO
- Microsoft About Anti-Google “Bribes”: Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off
- LSE Dumped Windows for GNU/Linux; Microsoft Should Do the Same (Bing Crashes)
- Google is Still Crushing Microsoft, Sometimes with GNU and Linux
- “Boycott Bing” Revisited, Google Makes It Obsolete Anyway
- Microsoft Implicitly Acknowledges Failure in Consoles, Search, and Mobile
- Microsoft Recruits Partners to Fight Against Google
- Microsoft Search is Down in Its Home Country
- Lies and Denial of Service Attacks from Microsoft Bing
- Microsoft Lost Over $5,000,000,000 Trying to Dethrone Google (in Vain)
- Numbers That Microsoft Cannot Let You See (A sobering look at how Microsoft is declining in most areas, including search/online business)
- comScore is Microsoft is comScore is Deceiving (and How Microsoft Controls Minds)
- Microsoft Bing in the Business of Deceit, Censorship, and Brainwash
- Microsoft Loses Market Share in Search, Exploits Yahoo! Some More, Exploits Linux/Android Phones, and Harvests Many People’s Data
- Microsoft Finds Out That Bribing Doesn’t Work in the Long Term, Neither Against Google Nor GNU/Linux
- Yahoo! Search Personnel Fired, Microsoft’s Bong (sic) Sued for Patent Violations
- comScore — Paid by Microsoft — Finally Admits Its Figures Are Bogus, Gamed
- Microsoft Shoves Bing Toolbar Down People’s Throats Using Windows Update, Cheats Search Engine Meters
- Microsoft Has an Internet Problem, Relies on Lies
- Microsoft Still Loses Billions of Dollars Online
- Microsoft and Yahoo! Continue to Lose to Google, Microsoft Resorts to Regulators to Complain About “Monopoly”
- Microsoft Can’t Afford to Buy Search Market Share Anymore, Kills What’s Left of Yahoo!
- Microsoft Alleged to Have Tricked People Into Switching to Bing, Using a Rogue Site
- Microsoft is Just a Skin
- Microsoft’s Bing Executives Continue to Flee While Their Company Admits Scraping Results From Google