ZDNet is a technology tabloid-like news sites whose writers have many conflicts of interest; the difference between advertising and stories is rarely clear. CBS, the parent company, also runs CNET, which is a little more professional.
Here are some posts about ZDNet as analysed by Techrights over the years.
- The Scam Which is ZDNet/CBS: Not Reporting the Real Crimes
- Anti-GNU/Linux Agenda at ZDNet (Part of CBS) Noted Again
- CBS is Censoring Its Writers’ Articles, Not Just Polite Comments It Disagrees With
- Microsoft Bloggers Run ZDNet
- Mike Masnick Mistakenly Calls ZDNet ‘Tech Press’, Not Realising It’s Agenda-filled Blogs Pretending to be Journalism/News
- Has Microsoft Irreversibly Taken Over ZDNet (CBS) to Disseminate Its Lies?
- More Microsoft Employees as ZDNet ‘Writers’, Microsoft Bribes Bloggers for AstroTurfing
- Dubious Editorial Control in ZDNet
- ZDNet UK: Is the Affair With Microsoft Over?
- ZDNet Spins the Spreading of Free Software as a Loss to Free Software
- The World According to ZDNet: Vista 7 a Whole Area of IT
- ZDNet Censors Comments Editors Disagree With
- Articles of ZDNet UK
- Is ZDNet Collapsing?
- ZDNet and IDG ‘Open Source’ Blogs Use Oracle for FUD
- ZDNet’s ‘Open Source and Linux’ Blog Consults With Pro-Microsoft Campaigner
- ZDNet’s “Open Source” Blog Still Hostile Towards Freedom (the “F” in FOSS)
- New Lengthy Rebuttals to ZDNet’s Anti-Free Software Rhetorics
- ZDNet Embeds Placements for Anti-Free Software Companies
- ZDNet: “Microsoft Has Turned Into the Biggest Patent Troll in the World”
- Editiorial Control and ‘Missing’ Writers