- Review: Acer Aspire One
So overall, I like the Aspire One. It’s much better than the similarly priced Asus Eee PC 701, but I will be installing Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex on it this weekend already.
- Booz Allen Leverages Red Hat Solutions
Red Hat, a provider of open source solutions, has announced that Booz Allen Hamilton, a strategy and technology consulting firm, has deployed Red Hat solutions to deliver increased scalability and flexibility for its clients’ mission-critical systems.
- GNOME Annual Report 2008 Kickoff
- New Qt Creator IDE from Qt Software
News emerged recently that Qt Software (formerly Trolltech) were working on their first IDE for Qt, code named Project Greenhouse. Today saw the release of the first technical preview under the name Qt Creator. The initial release is binary only, and under the terms of the Qt preview license, but the final release will be released with source code under a GPL compatible license.
- Volante Systems POS & Restaurant Back Office Software: Serving Up Profits on Linux
- The state of Linux gaming
This is an article I have been meaning to write for a very long time. Indeed, I have been writing this article for a very long time!
- Hugin panoramic photo editor extends its reach
- Review: Ubuntu 8.10 Is The Real Deal
- Big Story: Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex, Released and Reviewed
- Ubuntu 8.10 – A Positive Evolution
- Seen on campus: 2 Ubuntu Laptop Success Stories
My sisters had both seen me using Ubuntu before so they had seen “what it looked like” but they never knew it wasn’t Windows. When I loaded it on their laptops, they actually didn’t know it wasn’t Windows.
- Why I don’t like Canonical
- Vendors extol benefits of open source software, cite its growing use by companies
- Hottest Desi open source software
- Leading organizations unite to create a new IT event: the Open World Forum
- PacktPub 2008 Awards – Most Promising Open Source Web CMS
- OSUM portal from Sun
- Six Experimental Firefox Extensions We Love
- Open Source Browsers Shine in Webware’s Prizefight
- GigaOM Interview: Opera CEO Jon S. von Tetzchner
Digital Tipping Point: Clip of the Day
Dan Gillmor, creator of the phrase, “Distributed Journalism” 07 (2005)
Digital Tipping Point is a Free software-like project where the raw videos are code. You can assist by participating.