Summary: Microsoft overthrew opposition inside Yahoo! and turned it into an anti-Google drone
“Proxy fight” is a technical term which refers to what Microsoft has been doing to Yahoo! since over a year ago.
In response to the most recent development, SJVN calls Yahoo a “Microsoft zombie”, correctly adding that:
Sure, it looks like Yahoo still exists as an independent company, but in reality, Ballmer’s bite has turned it into a Microsoft zombie.
Yahoo has agreed to let its search engine brain, the only thing of value it really had, to be replaced by Bing, Microsoft’s “decision engine.” That’s a fancy, Microsoft marketing phrase, which means it’s a search engine with a built-in bias towards giving pro-Microsoft search results.
Microsoft’s poor illusion of a “decision engine” has gone nowhere (hit a roadblock, as everyone but Microsoft Evangelists knew from the very start), so Microsoft is trying to acquire market share using dirty tricks. This has been evident for over a year. Microsoft spoke to Icahn, who also took a chair in the board of Yahoo! and brought other friends to occupy more chairs (it is called “proxy fight” because Microsoft gets nearer at a personnel level).
“They have already yanked Jerry Yang, who openly accused Microsoft of agitating and destroying his company.”Later on, the cronies brought in (supposedly elected in an already-reorganised company) Bartz, who was a Ballmer partner back in her Autodesk days.
Since Microsoft has had great influence inside the USDOJ since the late nineties*, expect this injustice to carry on without a challenge. They have already yanked Jerry Yang, who openly accused Microsoft of agitating and destroying his company. Where is he now to testify and complain about the very same company that used the USDOJ to derail his planned deal with Google? See the links at the bottom for more details because Microsoft keeps harassing Google from a political and/or legal angle [1, 2, 3, 4, 5].
In summary, this has been a form of organised crime, but so much of the mainstream press misses the whole chronology of things; instead, it plays along with the story told by Microsoft and its so-called ‘zombie’. █
* They are known to to have infiltrated around the time of convictions from Netscape. Today’s examples include the likes of Barnett [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8].
- Microsoft Fires Up Proxy War Against Yahoo as Debt Looms Over
- King of Hypocrisy(ahoo!)
- Microsoft Fight Against Yahoo Board Gets Uglier
- Microsoft’s Proxy Fight May Have Begun Weeks Ago, Quietly
- Microsoft’s Latest Ugly Tactics Against Google, Yahoo, and VMware
- As Yahoo Proxy War Looms, VMWare and Nokia Return to One’s Mind
- Microsoft Executives Penetrate Corel, Yahoo; Is Novell Next?
- What if Microsoft Owned Yahoo (and the US Government Establishments’ IT)?
- LawMedia Group May be Another Confirmed Microsoft AstroTurfing Agency
- Microsoft Executives Land Inside Microsoft Rivals
- Update on the Microsoft/Yahoo Situation: Google-Yahoo Alliance?
- Microsoft: 800 lb. Guerrilla
- Video: Bloomberg on Yahoo/Google/Microsoft
- Eye on Microsoft: Windows Under Attack from Critics, Cyber Criminals; Yahoo! Besieged by Microsoft
- The Microsoft-Influenced US Regulators Wrong on Yahoo!
- Microsoft Hijacked Yahoo! from the Inside (Updated)
- Newly-Appointed Yahoo Puppet: Let Microsoft Have Us