Summary: Another supposedly anonymous commenter is exposed
SOME time ago we wrote about the suspicion that “Mr Dee”, who is prolifically posting sympathetic comments about Microsoft and hostile towards its competition, is in fact a pseudonym of Andre Da Costa, whom Microsoft gave a very expensive laptop for his comprehensive 'services' (in CNET alone, it’s 1260 comments and counting). The laptop is highly valuable where he lives and this is important to those who wish to expose Microsoft AstroTurfing. Perhaps under increased pressure and after overwhelming evidence supplied by Goblin, it is now confirmed by Andre Da Costa himself that he is also “Mr Dee”. As Goblin put it a few hours ago, “So Andre Da Costa has (finally) admitted to posting under another handle on Cnet (Mr Dee)…I wonder why? [...] You can see his confession on his Twitter. Question is, why have two Cnet commenting accounts? [...] At least this latest confession was made by him an not an alleged “friend” (remember the laptop “gift” incident) [...] I think this can be another example I can include in my submissions to the FTC.“
“We are always getting closer to a complete presentation of how Microsoft tames conversations on the Web.”There is another important exposé coming because AstroTurf marketing is against the law in Europe (and more recently the United states). There is a lot more where that came from.
Meanwhile we also learn that Microsoft carries on with its usual behaviour at Twitter [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]. Here is a FOSS company being ‘befriended’ by yet another Microsoft account. Sometimes it’s just Microsoft TEs who aggressively promote Microsoft to them.
We are always getting closer to a complete presentation of how Microsoft tames conversations on the Web. Here is “Mr Dee” enjoying the expensive gift Microsoft shipped him (pictures of his Acer Ferrari 5000). █
- LawMedia Group May be Another Confirmed Microsoft AstroTurfing Agency
- The Microsoft Connection with Dewey Square Group and DCI/New Media
- Microsoft ‘Bribes’ Mac Bloggers to Slam Apple, Gartner Hosts Google FUD
- Microsoft, TCS, DCI, Edelman, and Those Fake Letters About IP/SCO/Monopoly
- James Plamondon: Microsoft Guerrilla
- FullSIX and Mr. Youth LLC May Be Ruining the Web (AstroTurfing) on Microsoft’s Behalf
- Microsoft: 800 lb. Guerrilla
- Astroturfing Examples: Learning How Microsoft Tames the Internet
- Waggener Edstrom, Maureen O’Gara and Other Microsoft Shills
- Partial Index: Summary of Bribed Sites, Journalists, and Bloggers (Vista 7)
- Waggener-Edstrom Behind the 2008 Laptop Bribes, Edelman Behind 2006′s
- Manipulation, Astroturfing, and What Governments Can Do
- Beware the OOXML AstroTurfer: “The Wraith”, “multivac1”, “hAl”, Among Other Nyms
- Microsoft May Have Bribed India for OOXML Pressure
- Microsoft Has Been Rigging Votes/Polls for Ages
- Gary M. Stewart (aka “Flatfish”) About Microsoft AstroTurfing: “It’s made me A LOT of money….”
- Former Microsoft Shill Openly Confesses, Alleges Microsoft Still Does This
- Respecting AstroTurfers?
- Some New (But Very Old) Microsoft AstroTurfing Examples
- Joe Barr, Linux.com Editor – My Obituary
- Joe Barr Knew Microsoft’s Tactics All Too Well
- 66 Pages of Microsoft Evilness
- Another AstroTurf Scam Exposed?
- Quick Mention: Sony is AstroTurfing, Just Like Microsoft
- Memo to Novell: Leave YouTube Alone
- Microsoft Blast from the Past: Ads Banned for Spurring Violence
- Is YouTube’s “NovellVideo” a Novell AstroTurfer?
- Microsoft/Munchkin ‘Breaks’ the Web to Break Open Document Standards (Again)
- Rob Enderle Guarantees “Amazing Numbers”, Show E-mails to Microsoft
- Microsoft Agents from Waggener Edstrom Airbrush Wikipedia, Glorify Paymaster
- Microsoft Unleashes Proxies at Journalists to Defend Vulnerable Vista
- Microsoft’s OOXML Viral Marketing Reaches YouTube